Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Day

Buzz of the Day



Happy Father's Day to all parents who play dad in their household. There are many woman who are the only parent around. Happy Father's day to you...For those single dads, being mom and dad...a special Happy Father's day to you.



I was at home doing dishes, with one eye on the laundry (my wife was actually doing laundry, but I had one eye on it when she ran to the store).



I realized...well, I've known it but some days it resonates a little louder. Men have to lead. Period. Your woman should follow the example you set. Wait a second, before you get all crazy. There are definitely times when the wife/girlfriend should get to lead. But overall, a man should set the tone.

Today it was super hot. We didn't feel like doing anything, but the house was a lil messy. So, my wife had started washing clothes and before I had gotten home, she ran out to the store for this stir fry type of thing at Meijer. My first thought was to sit my a** down because I had been at work all day. I even stayed late (as usual), but I decided to unload/reload the dishwasher. Then I was upset because the damn thing hardly washes anything. So I actually washed the dishes by hand. I rode that momentum and wiped the counters and swept the floor.

Honestly, I'm trying to do more things like that more often....and I have, but not as frequent enough.

I know my wife took a vow to love and honor me, but I think the days that I contribute to keeping our house clean, I make it easier on her. And I'm easier to love. Nobody wants to see somebody chilllin' while your busting your tail. Not at work or home.

I think everyone should play some type of team sport. When you realize how important it is that you do your job, and how it impacts your team...I think a light goes off... For most of us... Well, at least some of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment