Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Fourth of July Buzz

Buzz of the Day

So here we go. Last day of the month. Unorganized chaos. It's the last 2 minutes in the game and you need a hail mary to win. But I don't want to talk about that.

I want to talk about friendship.

I have some crazy relationships with my friends. Some of us talk often. Others, not so much. I don't have many "friends" anymore. I consider them family. Well, sometimes family treats you pretty crappy because...you're family and you'll understand.

That won't be me anymore. No more free lunches, free passes, or whatever else you want to call them. They'll be held accountable for their actions like everyone else. I hope they hold me accountable for my actions as well.

The older I get, the more my time is important to me. I'm not wasting time as often because time is money. And when I decide to waste time, it won't be hanging out at some event that I'm not really welcome at. Or they invited me because they felt they "had" to. I'd rather chill out and play Madden Football on my Xbox 360 and waste my time that way.

I know I've been pretty irritable lately. No apologies though. It's how I've been feeling. I had a fortune (from a fortune cookie) that said: "Be sure to let your friends good news as well as bad news." My interpretation was that I sometimes share too many struggles and not enough victories. I feel like I'd rather share struggles so you can get strength from it, than share good news and you feel like I'm bragging.

Good News: I am having my best month to date at work.

Struggle: I'm still working on my finances=I'm still broke...lol

Good News: I'm excited because in the next month I should see some benefits from our cost-cutting moves.

This is me leaving on a good note! I really appreciate all the good feedback that I hear. Please keep reading, and I'll keep writing.

1 comment: