Wednesday, June 10, 2009

It's Been Too Long

Buzz of the Day

I talked about my cousin before. He was a really big influence in my life when I was younger. He's in prison now, and has been for the past 15+ years. Every now and then, I'll have a dream that feels super real. I always assume those are the days that he's dreaming about me too.

I've written him several letters, but I haven't mailed a single one off since I've moved back home. I have no idea why, but I'm upset with myself. My plan is to write him once a week from now on.

He gave me so much confidence back in the day. He brought me out of my shell and made me tougher. He was the big brother that I never had, and I hate that he's away...there's no excuse why

I haven't sent him a letter. I have wedding pictures that he needs to see too.

Every now and then I think about where I've come from and the people who have been a part of my life; small or large. I sometimes feel that I have to do well in life because others don't have the opportunity. They're either in jail, dead, or mentally so gone that they can't wrap their heads around the idea of certain things.

If people respect your opinion, you should give them responsible information. The things that you say to someone may stay in their brains forever. And if you know better, do better. The truth is like the sun; you can turn your back to it; put shades on; but it is still there. If you know better, do better. You owe it to those who may not be as aware of their actions.

I mentioned that my cousin was a big influence. He still is an influence. I have to make sure that I reach out and solicit those jewels of wisdom. And then pass those jewels on for those that respect what I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment