Saturday, June 6, 2009

Fred G. Sanford...the G stands for...

Buzz of the Day

I'm just enjoying a wonderful Saturday, watching Sanford and Son DVDs. Since we got rid of our cable, we've subscribed to Netflix. 5 bucks a month I can handle. We have the movie "W." to watch tonight or tomorrow.

We were at a birthday party yesterday for a good friend of ours. They've been in my life more than most of family so I consider them my family. (When I say they I mean my dear friend and his wife. They've been an item since we were 15 yrs old. So there it is. I've been knowing him since 3rd grade and her since 7th grade.

I've been so excited because I love challenges. And with my wife and I trying to find a way to save some money we've: Changed our cell phone plan; turned our cable off; and we're looking for another apartment. I'm excited because I know we'll be better off because our sacrifices. I love having a plan. I love doing difficult stuff because I know it will pay off. I want my wife to really let her struggles sink in and then destroy them with perseverence!I try to worry about solutions to my problems and not get so caught up with the problems themselves. Struggle is so important in our development. I'm not crazy about it but I understand it's necessary sometimes.

I told you before that I was looking for a new apartment because my current place didn't want to talk to me about any incentives for staying...well that has changed. For those of you who know me personally, know that I'm very persistent. Let's just say that I was able to get in front of the right person. LOL... So I'm staying in my current community. We are going to downsize our place and save a decent amount of money per month.

I understand how important goals are. My wife and I have some individual and some collaborative goals. We started this month and I'm looking forward to see if we're up for the challenge! I think it is important to achieve goals that you set for yourself. From a mental standpoint, to pick a goal and achieve it...It's very empowering.

One of my goals is to spend more time with you guys here. I'm going to the YMCA to work out 3 days a week, and I'm taking my a** back to school also. You know I'll keep you in the loop!

**I appreciate your support. For those that check in to see what I'm up to and what's on my mind, I'm very flattered. I'm really enjoying this. I hope you are as well.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, man. I need to get my a** back to school, too.

    Peace
    Ty

    ReplyDelete