Friday, March 6, 2009

Buzz of the Day

Sometimes I have so much on my mind that I don't know what to write. This whole blog thing has been new to me and I love it. It helps me organize my thoughts. Lately, there has been so much going on, I didn't know what to blog about. Once I started to think about it, I realized that I could blog about whatever! Even if it's this gibberish about not knowing what to blog about.

I have been working later and later lately. I have been so locked in at work, that...I have been even more out of the loop than usual. The stress is definitely real. Being in sales, we are the only revenue generating position. People were laid off in other departments and the message was, "The onus is on you guys (salespeople). When you pick your sales up, we'll be able to call some of the people back." But if we don't pick up sales, maybe we're the next to go?

This by far is the best job I've ever had. Some of these people have never had another job and I think they take it for granted (I'll get into that another day). We are salespeople/consultants for training solutions. I am going to continue to work hard and once things turn around, I want to be one of the top performers. I understand the whole working hard thing. I get it. We offer a wonderful product and things will be great again. For everyone. I just hope we can hang on until then...

I was talking to a new customer and she is in the technology field. She comes from a accounting background (go figure). She is trying to learn a little more tech to be more efficient in her role, however that's not her only ambition. She is married with two kids and she's a writer. She just finished her first book last year and is three weeks away from her second book being complete. I was so happy and excited because there is no rule that says you can't do both! Both, meaning work for someone and also work for yourself. Shoot, I have plans on completing an autobiographical book of poetry this year (Shout out to Kari!), but maybe I'll step it up and do a short story as well...or put them together! I was just very motivated after hearing her story and passion for writing, but also keeping it in perspective...This job pays my bills so I have to learn more about the technology field.

Just take some time to invest in yourself. Your family, friends, business ventures...Don't let work overwhelm or consume you.

I really need to take my own advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment