Monday, March 23, 2009

A Way to a Man's Heart....

When I did become totally dependent on my wife for food? This is ridiculous and embarrassing! I was living by myself, cooking pretty much everyday. My menu wasn't extensive, but it had some variety. Once my wife (my fiance' then) started cooking for me, I became 10 years old again. The worst (and best) part of it is my wife is a very good cook. And she loves to cook! But the times she doesn't feel like it, I absolutely freak out. I spent a good portion of my Sunday (okay, not a good portion but a portion) looking at recipes that I can handle so I can start to get some of my independence back.



The other day my wife was talking about how she's sacrificed a lot for me. I don't dispute that, but hell, I've sacrificed also! It's great to have your wife cook and all that good stuff, but it is no fun when you've regressed back to Ramen Noodles when she's not home. I had a goal last year of developing some "signature dishes" that I would prepare on occasion. A little chili here, and little beef stew there, a little...well that was as far as I got but you get the point. Well, this is all I can stand and I can't stand no more! It's time for me to step my game up.



PS. If you have any good recipes or ideas, please shoot me a message. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment