Tuesday, March 31, 2009

You Like Who?

Buzz of the Day

I think everyone has a right to be criticized...sometimes I question the person who has so much to say. I sometimes question their intent. I guess there are two things I'd like to get off my chest: 1.) I will not feel bad because some idiot (who happens to be black) does something...well, idiotic. 2.) I hope people criticize everyone equally. They should be equal opportunity critics. (equal opportunity...we won't go there today)

I've played sports my whole life. Things are simplified in sports. Either you can help the team or not. If you are my best friend and I have first pick in basketball, if you're not first pick material, then I'm picking someone else! No hard feelings. I couldn't care if it was a black, white, or purple person. I'm trying to win!

I know that people with differences will have conflict. But I hope that we will help people understand, and listen carefully when it's their turn to do so...And agree to disagree respectfully.

We all have a friend (or many, many friends) that have weird taste. They may eat cheese on their apple pie, put mustard/ketchup on everything, or put sugar in spaghetti. They may love super skinny girls/guys, long/short hair, or feet. Just plain feet. We look at them sometimes like, "What are you thinking?" The point is...we still love and respect them.

When people cut off their nose despite their face, it's stupid. If Barack Obama has the best interest of the U.S. in mind, he should get credit for that. If he does some things that you don't agree with, that's okay...But he's not the dumbest person in the world because he uses a teleprompter (the last president was). If Kwame Kilpatrick does something stupid (wait...I think he just did something else stupid...yup), he didn't do it because he's black. He did it because he is greedy, arrogant, and a whole bunch of other adjectives.

I don't think we should get so much pleasure out of dogging someone else. I know we have better things to do. I don't have a problem with people stating their opinion. I have a problem with people going waaay overboard to state their opinion. They had Madonna on CNN yesterday. "Is she going to adopt another African child?'" Who cares? I don't. We are going through the hardest economic time in my life. And frankly, I have better stuff to do than worry about Madonna! Or Kwame. Especially Kwame...He not only gives himself a bad name. He gives everyone who justifies his stupidity a bad name.

I'm too busy trying to make a name for myself in my new position, at my new job. The job that I'm trying to keep! When I have time to "hate" on somebody, things will have to be going much better than they are for me now...

That's my light buzz today. Maybe a little heavier than I originally thought. I got on a roll okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment