Monday, March 9, 2009

Buzz of the Day

You ain't missing nothing...



Last night I had a dream about my cousin. My cousin who was my closest friend and helped raise me during some of the toughest times in my life. Although he is not even 2 years older than me, he provided leadership to a person who was looking for answers. (Me)



BTW, My cousin who has been in jail almost half his life...



My mother died when I was 8 and he was there. He beat me up and made me tougher, he listened to my dreams of being in the NBA, and he did all the things a big brother would do.



He has always been wiser than his years. He consistently did things that were the exact opposite of the things he was telling me to do. He would tell me later that he had a feeling that he'd end up in jail, but he wanted better for me. More about that another day.



I think the more people are on your mind, the more real the dream seems. Whenever he is in a dream, he plays the same role he always has. Leading me and giving me all sorts of confidence that I couldn't otherwise imagine. I am frustrated sometimes when I think about decisions I've made. Decisions that were pretty stupid. And I think, "Man if he was here, he wouldn't have let me do that." I didn't have many people in my life that I respected enough to follow their lead.

I was listening to T.I.'s song "You aint missin' nothin". He was talking to those people who were in prison, basically telling them that things would be here when they come home. My cousin has a sentence of "Natural Life" which means if he doesnt get releaseed through appeal, He will die in prison.

He's missing a whole hell of a lot. What are you missing?

No comments:

Post a Comment