Thursday, March 12, 2009

Buzz of the Day

Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow

That song by Fleetwood Mac...I hear it every single day. At least once per day. (Because of the office I work in) Since it is forced down my throat, I actually started listening to the lyrics.

"Why not think about times to come,
And not about the things that you've done,
If your life was bad to you,
Just think what tomorrow will do"

Ahh yes, the power of positive thinking! People talk about putting goods in the atmosphere, good karma, good vibes, etc. I agree with all of those things. And, of course, faith in God.

There has to be a balance when you're thinking about tomorrow. I am just starting to really appreciate today. I want to make the most of things today, taking care of my short term goals. But dreaming about tomorrow and further is awesome! That's whats gives you the motivation to do what you have to today. If you are so caught up in today, to dream about tomorrow, you're not living!

You are just existing...

Yesterday is gone. True. Here's my rule (for today anyway). If you had a bad day yesterday, forget about it. Work on making today better but...If you had a great day yesterday...you can spend a lil time thinking about it. Maybe it will give you momentum for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment