Monday, August 24, 2009

Get Out of Your Comfort Zone Part 2

Buzz of the Day

When we arrived at the church where Ezra was preaching, it was a strange feeling. We were hanging with the preacher of the day. The man of the hour. I am pretty sure the members who greeted us thought we were ministers also. Umm, not exactly.

We walk into the church and it is totally packed! We went from being in the back of a half filled church to the front of a church that was at capacity. I definitely was not expecting that. I kept hearing the woman's voice, "Get out of your comfort zone." And there I was, totally out of my comfort zone. It felt good. It feels good to be where you need to be.

Ezra's sermon was titled 'Extreme Makeover.' He talked about people knowing they needed changes in their lives, but not taking action. He talked about how we hide in crowds so that we blend in. It is so easy to do things together, and if we do the right things, we may end up by ourselves. And most of us are not strong enough to stand alone.

When you attend church, why do you always feel like the sermon is especially for you? LOL.

I haven't been at peace lately. Things in my life didn't feel right. I knew that spiritually, I wasn't where I needed to be. And now I am responsible for my wife and her spirituality.

I started to feel the weight of the world on me. I couldn't handle it all myself. You can't pick and choose when to let God direct you. God has to always be at the center....Ok, I'm done. He's going to do the driving, and I'll ride shotgun, back seat, wherever I need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment