Monday, August 3, 2009

Sometimes I Don't Know

Buzz of the Day

Sometimes I don't know...It was a very strange day at work. I won't go into detail, I'll just say this. Make sure you know the role you are being asked to play. Don't get too big for your britches. Embrace your role, play it to the best of your ability, and if you decide you'd like to do something else...do it.

Every now and then I'll be talking to one of my friends and he'll be really frustrated about his job. He doesn't think they care about him...They probably don't. He has a job to do and they pay him to do it. Period. He's not there to make friends

There's a guy that I know who has a very unique perspective on work. He told me, "When someone asks me do I like my job, I tell them when I interviewed for the position that wasn't part of the job description. They had expectations and requirements. They asked could I meet them. I replied yes. Nowhere, not one time during the interview did they say I'd like it or I was required to like it. I'm paid to do a job."

There are the "Haves" and the "Have nots" with a few people in the middle. Please understand what is expected of you. Sometimes you may have to put on a happy face although, you are not. A couple of fake laughs here and there.

And once you feel that you've been there long enough to start complaining about things that are going on...Watch your back. Because either you are too old, you make too much money, or you are just too obnoxious to get along with. Maybe all three. Either way, they will justify getting rid of you if need be.

1 comment: