Saturday, August 15, 2009

Unlucky...

Buzz of the Day



I was looking at magazine that my wife left in the bathroom. I'll pretty much read anything that I get my hands on. And believe it or not, I've gotten some good info from some of the mags that are geared towards woman.



Well, this magazine was Lucky. I don't know why but, I noticed that there were not many black people in there! As a matter of fact, there was one advertisement with a black woman and one article that featured a black woman. That's it. I'm not gonna lie, it bothered me.



The media pushes their vision of beauty on the rest of us. Whether it's a white woman, a skinny woman, or if the woman is black, 9 out of 10 times she's lighter skinned. Hmmmm?



This is definitely not the exception to the rule. The majority of mainstream magazines are similar to the one just described. I don't like it.

I think the people modeling these clothes should look like the majority of the people who are looking to buy them. We should have more "regular" folks in these magazines. And in the ads in these magazines an on t.v.. We as humans have self-image problems. In a lot of cases woman more than men. How can they compete with these skinny minnies in the magazines and on t.v.?

And then guys (because we're jerks, not jerks, just foolish sometimes) compare all the woman we see to these "MTV Ready" chicks on television. It's not fair. We need to love ourselves, and all of our flaws. We also need to love others for their flaws. If someone can't except you, then you should drop them like a sack of potatoes...

No comments:

Post a Comment