Thursday, August 6, 2009

Getting Settled In

Buzz of the Day



Well, we are finally moved into our new apartment (which is in the same building as our old one). It was a good feeling writing the check for the new place, knowing how much money we'd be saving per month with our downsize.



There are needs. And there are wants. The trick is separating the two. We have continued to sacrifice wants for needs with the expectation that our sacrifices would pay off. We are cutting costs and slowly but surely, starting to see some benefits. I have a good feeling about the remainder of the summer. I am excited, rejuvenated, and looking forward to what God has in store for us. I am anxious to see what the economy will do for us all.



I have friends who say my wife and I have inspired them with the things we've removed from our expenses. Our plan was to trim costs and put more money towards debt. With the eventual plan of saving (for a house...and other things). It is better to turn services off and downsize than having somebody turn your services off and booting you out of your place. It was a good decision, but looking back, I wish we would have done it sooner. I think this experience will give us a more realistic perspective of what we can do without if need be.


No comments:

Post a Comment