Monday, August 17, 2009

Politics As Usual

Buzz of the Day

I was talking with some of my friends this weekend and we started to talk about running for an office (one day).

One of my friends who has some experience in that field, believes it is absolutely impossible to come out of politics "clean". There is so much foul play, even at the local level, that eventually it will corrupt you.

Even if you are trying to do the right thing, you may need the support of someone doing the wrong thing. So then you start to barter. I'll support you in this, if you support me in that...

It's like those medicines: Side effects may include diarrhea, sore throat, extreme anxiety/depression, and last but not least, vomiting. And you're thinking, "All I wanted was allergy relief."

I have thought about politics as well, but I don't agree with laying with dogs. I don't know if I'm up for dealing with the craziness. There's enough of that within my family and at work. I don't know if I can take much more.

I believe that the power is in with the people. The problem is: I don't think the people know it. And if they do, I don't know if they care.

No comments:

Post a Comment