Monday, August 10, 2009

It Takes Time

Buzz of the Day

I am feeling a little weird. I have all of these thoughts racing around in my head. As I mentioned recently, one of my best friends, his mom passed away suddenly last week. My thoughts and prayers are with their family.

Death does many things to those who remain. It makes you sad that you've lost someone. It makes you feel guilty if you guys were not on good terms at the time of their death. It makes you appreciative of life. It shows you how delicate life is and how it can all be gone in the blink of an eye. I always say that someone went to bed last night with a plan to do all sorts of things today, but they never made it. It makes me feel kinda guilty that my plan was to do absolutely nothing today.

Death should make you laugh harder, love more, and worry less. Life happens and your life is one occurrence away from being turned upside down. Enjoy what you do daily, try to minimize your regrets, and honor the "golden rule". Don't take yourself too seriously, but don't be a pushover. Don't go to bed mad. Don't put sleep before a friend. Don't let money rule you or change you. Enjoy every day because it could be your last.

2 comments:

  1. I think that your writing is very clear and organized. you are a very talented writer or shall i say "blogger"! i hear that you used to be nicole's boss, well i am her little cousin Allison!i need to learn to write like you!

    Allison St.Clair

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Allison! I think it's okay to call me a writer. And if it's not, oh well. LOL

    Well Nicole is a good writer too and I think it comes from us reading all the time.

    I appreciate you reading my blog. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete