Thursday, November 17, 2011

5 Things on Thursday

Baxter's Buzz - 2 Months of Buzz - #44


These are 5 of the thoughts that ran through my head during work today:


1. How should you treat new people when they arrive? Should you treat them like you were treated? Or should you treat them worse/better? If you're in sales, do the same rules apply?


2. Do leaders produce a great team or does a great team produce great leaders? A coach can only get so much out of the talent they have. If you're in sales, do the same rules apply?


3. When you leave a job you should leave there with at least one friend you didn't have when you started. If you're in sales do the same rules apply?


4. Respect and professionalism go a long way. People notice, believe it or not.


5. If someone only speaks to you when others are around, but have nothing to say when you see them alone...they don't care for you. Or they may believe you don't care for them.

1 comment:

  1. Great points Baxter. I liked #1, I've been lucky to have people at new jobs be welcoming to me when I started. My forst reaction for #5 was to call those people frauds; but then I thought am I being the fraud if I'm not talking when no one is around.

    ReplyDelete