Saturday, November 26, 2011

What Did I Do?

Baxter's Buzz - 2 Months of Buzz - #35


I remember when I announced my engagement to my friends and acquaintances. Some congratulated me. Others said, "Don't do it". Others told me to stay single as long as I could. "Women are never happy and can't be satisfied".


I've been married for 3 years and I'm not sure how I feel about marriage sometimes. It A LOT of work! I'm not interested in other women. I don't believe another woman could truly come between my wife and I. My issue is with the amount of work it takes.


I'm really not sure if my wife will be completely happy. I'm not sure if I will, but I would like to think that I have less concerns about my happiness and more concerns about HER happiness. Are women ever happy?


A friend of mine made some mistakes in his marriage. Not "cheating" per se, but he did entertain the thought and has been in the doghouse with his wife every since. It almost appears that she's enjoying being mad at him more than she enjoys being WITH him. Is this something that she'll get over? Or will she keep this incident locked and loaded for times when she has nothing else to rag on him about?


It can be an exhausting task keeping your woman/wife happy. Do women feel the same way about us? Is there some common ground; somewhere in the middle that we can agree on?

Ladies, I am really interested in what you have to say. Do you feel like you complicate things? Do you feel like men are never satisfied?

Gentlemen, please feel free to chime in as well.

3 comments:

  1. I am currently very satisfied and according to him, he is as well. Relationship health depends on who you have working with you. We talk about everything, seek clarity without guessing or assuming, and don't hold grudges. An old wise woman once told me that marriage is the hardest job you will ever have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to start by saying I'm not married, but have huge admiration for those who are! I just got out of a difficult, exhausting relationship. I do think we, as women, can complicate things especially depending on where we're at in our lives, and vice versa for the fellas. For example, in this last relationship I'd met him during a time when I was starting a new chapter in my career, and ironically he was as well. So our relationship became more about business moves than it was about us. If you aren't happy or even satisfied in your own life, on whatever level to whatever degree, trying to make your significant other happy will become more of a task rather than a labor of love. I do think men and women can be satisfied in relationships, especially in marriage if you do all the things ellemagee noted and remember why you took those vows originally. But beyond that, mutual respect and the ability to truly forgive (and depending on the circumstance, truly forget) can take you a long way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with both of you guys. Anything worth having is worth working for. I am thankful for my wife, even though she drives me crazy sometimes. But I don't know what I'd do without her.

    ReplyDelete