Saturday, November 19, 2011

Make Your Next Move Your Best Move

Baxter's Buzz - 2 Months of Buzz - #42


I really appreciate those who check in periodically to read my randomness. I'd love to have a million hits daily, but I'd rather have the handful of daily visitors who truly enjoy my postings.


I am starting a new job very soon and I'm very excited. I have been with my current employer for over 3 years and I am forever grateful for the chance to prove myself. They've hired some real clowns over the years, but right now, the sales team is the strongest in time I've been there.

I've enjoyed talking trash and competing with those folks over the years. Are there people that I don't really care for? Sure, but why waste time talking about them?

There was a woman at work who completely lost her cool and gave everyone, including the CEO, a piece of her mind. That's not my style. Regardless of how much truth there was to her claims, ultimately no real good comes out of it. It does however, let the rest of us "professionals" (or chickens) to live vicariously through that person. I think people are so used to saying things that are not true and getting away with it, they are taken aback when someone calls them out on it. I have so many plans and I am ready to start this next chapter in my life.


I pray that this move is beneficial, but ultimately, attaining my college degree is my goal. I will continue to go to school until that goal is achieved. I have made things quite difficult for myself with this "uneducated" tag I have. Sometimes talent alone isn't enough to get a chance and I am blessed to be making another move with a team that recognizes what I bring to the table. Hopefully my next move is my best move.

1 comment: