Thursday, November 10, 2011

Fear of the Unknown

Baxter's Buzz - 2 Months of Buzz - #50


Fear of the unknown. Its a really weird thing. We're faced with change on a daily basis and we take the easy way out many times by resisting change. Some of us are still married/dating someone that we really don't like anymore. God forbid if the next person is even worse! "At least

I know his/her problems" is the way they'll justify their stagnation.

Jobs are the same. "Well Jenny let's me make up my time when my kid makes me late to work". Or, "Brian is really cool. He doesn't bother me at all". They failed to mention that Jenny talks to them like they're stupid and repeatedly belittles them in front of others. They failed to mention that Brian has no idea what he's doing and is not a good manager at all.


No situation is perfect. It is up to us to determine what imperfections that we'll tolerate. Some of us operate out of fear and others operate out of the excitement of the unknown. Which one are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment