Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Whoever Shows Up

Baxter's Buzz - 2 Months of Buzz - #31


I just want to state for the record: This is my 31st day in a row blogging (Patting myself on the back). I have stayed the course so far and I am pretty proud of me :-)


Phone Deprivation - This is my first day and second night without a phone. Very weird feelings throughout the day. I kept feeling like I was missing something...and I was, I just couldn't get to it right away.


Whoever shows up - Some of my friends came out tonight to celebrate me leaving my old job. These are all people I've worked with and I am truly humbled by the turnout. At one point I thought, "I wonder who will show", but that is a waste of energy. My wife's Granny (RIP) would always say, "Whoever shows up are the people that were supposed to show up." I couldn't agree more. As I sit around as the "new guy" at work this week, I think about leaving a position where

I was one of the more tenured folks. These people think (some of them anyway) that I'm there because I needed a job. Not so fast, my friend. I see an opportunity for me to succeed. That is why I am here. I am not just happy to be there. I am there on a mission!


Back to my friends: I really want to thank you all for showing up. If you could not attend, no hard feelings. I understand that things happen. I just hope that I can stay in touch with them all.

1 comment:

  1. It's unfortunate when people jump to conclusions like that (the job situation)... I hope they are all nice to you! (at least until they get to know you, lol. JK) hugs, alicia

    ReplyDelete