Sunday, November 27, 2011

Count Your Blessings

Baxter's Buzz - 2 Months of Buzz - #34


As I continue my streak of consecutive posts, I think about how many changes that have occurred in my life since I started my blogging streak on October 31. I am truly blessed to have a good head on my shoulders and I am thankful for God's grace, even when I don't deserve it.


There are times when I want something from Him that is very specific. When He doesn't deliver when I want Him to, I get frustrated. But I have to stop myself and remember everything He HAS provided.


I have sat around pretty much all holiday weekend in the house that I purchased close to a year ago. When I was coming up, I didn't know many homeowners. I didn't know many married people. Hell, I didn't know many people who went to a job each morning. I really didn't know what dysfunction within a family was until I started comparing my upbringing with The Cosby Kids. Not a fair comparison.


I am blessed to have friends to lean on to help me through these unfamiliar circumstances. I knew what to expect when looking for a home because I had friends who purchased home before me. I had friends married before me. Now whenever God (ahem) blessed my wife and I with a child, I have friends to lean on with that also.


I am nowhere near where I expect to be in 5 years, but I am appreciative of my current position. My goal is to help children understand that there's more to life than what they see everyday. I want them to strive for more than they've seen done. I want to introduce them to occupations that they may not be familiar with. Expectations are paramount when it comes to achievements and I want to remove the ceilings of their limitations so that there is nothing they feel is beyond their reach.


I thank God that I have made it this far. I know many that were brought up like me who didn't make it and I want to improve the statistics. The children are our biggest resource and we must invest in them if we want our future to be bright. We owe it to ourselves to invest time and/or money into the next generation.

Now I need to figure out my plan of action for the new year and how to invest in our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment